We had a minor scare with a major expense on the1st of July. The water motor in the girls building caused a short and the girls building line caught on fire in the electrical room.
One of the dogs noticed a lot of smoke started to bark and draw attention to it. Then we put out the fire by beating it down with rice sacks. But it ate away a lot of wiring. We did get electric back on in the entire campus except the girls building. (The plumber did a temporary fix). Getting an electrician to come out on a weekend is hard. Thankfully the plumber is on call for us 24hrs and can do small fix up jobs. Then again the big bore well motor runs on that girls' line, so we could not use the bore well motor. We ran out of water for 2 days. The older kids had to help dip water from the holding tanks with buckets. Finally, we brought in a fully qualified electrician and got it fixed. But we need full overhaul of our electrical lines. The electrician warns more fires are sure to break out. Our plans for Miracle Garden, developed and installed 10 years ago, did not take into account all the expansion and additional power we need and use. So John has asked him to start redesigning & fixing it this month. The girls water motor was not that old, just a year or a little older maybe, but it is fully burnt. Thanks to help from sponsors and donors in England, we were able to purchase a new tank motor for the girls' dorm, and they are up and running again. Thank God that dog caught the fire on time, or we might have had a really bad event.