Mohana Pandiyan saw his sister being crushed by a flying boat during the Tsunami, He experienced the love of Christ that has now changed him. He wishes that Christ would also do the same for every one else suffering in this world.
Friday, June 29, 2007
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Friday, June 22, 2007
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Time to be buying School bags, Lunch boxes, and other accessories. It is an expensive time of the year. I would like ask for special help this year. If you wish to help out please contact Michelle. Here you see Small Vijay, Manikandan, Balakrishnan, and many new kids with new school bags.
Posted by Tsunami Kids at 12:41 PM
Here you can see the second story of the boys' dorm being completed. The girls' dorm is also close to this same stage. There is a bedroom, bathroom and large balcony which will have coconut leaves as a sun shade. Inside the buildings, cement pasting is being completed as well as the laying of floor tiles.
Posted by Tsunami Kids at 5:35 AM
Thursday, June 07, 2007
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
The building you see is the boys home...
There is one identical to this one on the other side...
both are almost done...
They also get a large room on the second floor wih is being constructed right now.
Each building features: 3 large bedrooms, one large hall, 3 baths & 4 toilets.
We can add 2 more floors to this building as and when we need to.
Posted by Tsunami Kids at 1:03 PM
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
This is the update you all have been waiting for...
1. Pitha Karasu & Tamil Alagi, the 2 kids who sat for the High School Public Exams have passed the exams. They are now preparing to join college. Pitha Karasu will join Sethupathi Polytechnic for a Diploma Course in Computer Hardware and Software Engineering. Tamil Algii is still trying to make up he mind.
2. Now School has started back again...
3. Our total strength at Miracle Garden is 66 kids...and growing.
4. All kids are now going to a school in the city of Coimbatore. The "Pandian Matriculation School"...This school is about 45 minutes away and we bus our kids there in our two vans. I drive one and a local Pastor drives the other. We park one van there and come back then we go in the evening and bring home the kids.
5. WOW! it has changed our lives completely. But I decided after the incident in May...It was not anymore safe or worth sending our kids to the Government school in the village.
6. In the new school:
36 kids attend the English medium
20 kids attend the Tamil medium
The other kids are older kids doing college or Vocational courses.
7. It is time to tailor new uniforms, buy school supplies etc etc...This is the most stressful time of the year. Especially this year. Please pray that all our needs are met.
Posted by Tsunami Kids at 2:00 PM